Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Germany Part 1 - 12 to 20 July 2015


Marienplatz Munich
I visited Germany from 12 to 20 July 2015.

Places I visited were:-

(i) Munich
(2) Fussen - aka Neuschwanstein Castle
(3) Stuttgart
(4) Garmish Partenkirchen - aka Zugspitze
(5) Ingolstadt - aka Audi Forum

In Munich, I had visited the BMW museum, 3 Pinakothek (Alte, Neue and Moderne), Deutsche museum and Deutsche Museum Flugwerft Schleissheim. In Munich, I had also visited Dachau, the concentration camp.

In Stuttgart, I had visited Porsche and Mercedes Benz museum.

It was summer and there were plenty of crowd/tourists. Fortunately, the efficient Germans' DB trains were running punctually and there have been no trouble travelling around.

I stayed in Letomotel at Trudering, a basic no frills hotel at the east side of Munich. As most of the time, I am travelling around, I am fine with this basic hotel. It was built fairly recently and I can see the amenities were new. The S-Bahn and U-Bahn at Trudering requires a 5 minute walk from the hotel. There are 2 convenient stalls near the hotel and a bakery next to the entrance of the hotel.

Germans are generally friendly and helpful. There was an occasion in Laim when I was looking at the Bahn (train station) display showing the various time of trains and platforms. A young German walked up and asked whether I needed assistance (in English). It was my last day in Munich and I knew the system pretty well but was undecided as to where to go next. I am grateful to the young German and was impressed.

In terms of scenery, I am impressed by Neuschwanstein Castle and Zugspitze. In terms of knowledge, I am impressed by all the museums that I have been to.

I will elaborate my visit to Germany in various parts.

No comments: