Friday, May 19, 2017

Washington DC Food


Chipotle - A nice blend of rice, cheese, cream, beef steak grilled and seasoned in Mexican way. Not bad for a different taste. Chipotle is located throughout United States.


Fuddruckers - Claimed to be the world's greatest burger. Hmmm..... The one I ate has a Kobe Beef name on it and cost me US$11. It was no doubt tasty, but the taste came from salt and MSG. In fact, I found many American restaurants, except those high ends, have MSG.


McDonald Big Mac - This is located at Steven F Udvar Hazy Center. It tasted like any other Big Mac but again I felt thirsty after consuming it(usually due to presence of MSG). Could be due to the sauce (barbecue and sweet & sour which are available in Singapore). Cost me about US$9 for the meal. Reminds me of Big Mac Index.



The Bakery Pie - This is the most value for money food I had. In fact for 3 breakfasts, I had this. I purchased this from Walmart in Washington DC. Guess how much? .......... US$0.50 per box. It tasted good with its pie filling deliciously made. There were a few flavors.  I tried the lemon and peach pies. Highly recommended.


Vietnamese Pork with Rice - Restaurant is located near Chinatown, I had the intention to eat Vietnames pho but I was too hungry and decided to eat rice. Again it is tasty. My taste bud told me that it has MSG. Cost me US$18 including tips.


This is a proper Restaurant within Smithsonian National Gallery of Art - Salmon with salad. The butter that came with the meal was very nice. I didn't taste MSG in this meal. Cost me US$30 including tips.




No comments: